Bit of an odds and ends post today with a little dash of this and a little dash of that!
Firstly a couple of cards. I sat down to have a play with my new Simply Scrappin' Kit - the Sunny Day one from the Autumn/Winter Mini. I decided to use the textured cardstock, patterned paper and die cuts to make some bright cheery cards.
I cut the Top Note shape out and used it on the card shown above, then used the remaining frame on the card below.
My Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder came in handy too. This time I used it with the reverse side showing - inverted dots. (Actually I think that was by accident when I stuck it down upside down but I do quite like it!)
If you like your colours bright and kits of coordinating colours for quick and easy projects - check out our Simply Scrappin' collection. (Pg 33 of the mini for this bright funky one and pages 136 - 138 from the main catalogue for our full range.)
Technique Book Cover: Bella Bleu
I came across this pic in my photo folder. It is of a technique book cover I made recently for a group of ladies. Nice and simple with just a piece of one of my favourite patterned papers from the Bella Bleu DSP. (Designer Series Patterned Papers.) I've used a chipboard letter sponged with Sahara Sand ink and topped with a half pearl. The spiral punch is what you need to get the paper punched to fit the art journal spiral bound covers.
Thank you to Christine for awarding me a Beautiful Blogger Award.
For this award I need to tell you 10 things about me. Hmmmmm .....
1. I love to take photos and LOVE my Canon 400D digital SLR camera.
2. I grew up in Seymour, about 1 hour north of Melbourne.
3. I have 52 gorgeous tropical fish that I love to sit and watch, including 2 surprise baby cories I discovered a month or so back that managed to grow big enough to avoid becoming dinner for one of the other tank members!
4. Before kids I was a primary school teacher and taught at the one school for about 12 years.
5. I can't go to sleep without going downstairs one last time to tuck in the kids.
6. I have a habit of taking photos of food all laid out on the table at family gatherings - much to the annoyance of hungry family members waiting to get stuck into eating it!
7. I love love love books and have a big collection of Isaac Asimov sci fi novels.
8. I have a sewing machine and a big stash of fabric and cannot sew a straight line to save myself, but keep it all anyway - just in case!
9. I love storage containers and shelves and storage ideas and am in heaven with a trip to Ikea or a browse through Howard's Storage World.
10. I love to read Dr Seuss books and any good rhyming stories to the kids.
I'd like to pass the award on to:
Anne-Marie at Hand-Made by Anne-Marie
Mary at Meakly Made
Kathryn at KatLo Designs
and lots more wonderful bloggers but I'm out of time so that will have to do!
Thanks to Christine B too for awarding me a Sunshine Blog Award. I'll pass that one on another day.
Not much sunshine here today - getting rather chilly in fact. My two munchkins wore their new flannelette PJs for the first time last night. Fresh out of the bath clean kids in warm snuggly jammies - nothing like it is there.
Hope you have a snuggly evening!